Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fred Meyer - Kroger is stealing from shoppers through Meat Tares too!

I found this link which shows that Kroger is also stealing from shoppers through meat tares too. It appears they do not tare off the weight of the package the meat is in, even though it is the law. Fred Meyer (division of Kroger) is getting sued for over $1 million. A dishonest retailer could even fill the "soaker pad" put under the meat full of water to make it heavier... it can weigh up to 0.2lb... imagine if your cut of meat is supposed to cost 8.99 a lb but your soaker pad is filled with water - it would cost you $1.79 for that water... watch our for these retailers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, I went to Fred Meyers/Kroger that is on SE 148th Ave and there was an odd contradiction of the weight scale from the vegetable department for the red potatoes I weighed for 3.5 lbs - at the cashier it stated something like over 8 lbs?!
I'm going to the other store and try again the same approach and see if they're ripping off customers.
On top of all this, I had to deal with an extremely RUDE Fred Myers worker who ignored me the entire time while talking with the cashier who was checking out my groceries. I complained to the headquarters and expect a response from them soon.